We are seeking a motivated and creative developer / programmer with a passion for transforming cutting edge technologies into innovative, real-world applications. The successful applicant will have a solid understanding of PHP and PHP frameworks and be an enthusiastic follower of current and emerging web technologies.
A strong understanding of PHP, JS, HTML, CSS and database technology is essential, as is a flair for providing solid programming with feature-rich interfaces focused on customer usability.
What will you be doing?
You will be creating, improving and adding new functionality to our entire network of software applications as well as being involved in:
- Improvements to our core frameworks and backend systems.
- Suggesting and developing solutions to improve our software's performance.
- Adding additional functionality to our hugely popular sites and applications.
- Sharing your thoughts and give input to the direction our software development heads.
Essential skills and abilities
- PHP - 3-5 years commercial programming experience
- CakePHP commercial experience (mention any others)
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of OOP principles in PHP5
- Using version control software
- Knowledge of mod_rewrite in Apache
- Knowledge of http fundamentals (request, response headers)
This is a great opportunity to really show your coding skills and play your part in some pretty cool projects.
If you think you've got the "spark" we're after...and have the skills to match then we want to hear from you.
Ready to Apply? Please follow these steps very carefully!
- Visit a couple of our websites (www.salehoo.com www.affilorama.com) and make sure we're the type of company you'd be keen to work for.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: CakePHP Developer Position).
- Write a short (but not one-sentence) introduction with a description of yourself as well as answers to the following: Php Frameworks you have worked with, JS Frameworks you have worked with, Version Control software you have used and 2 detailed pieces of code you have written (more detail the better!)
- Attach your CV as a PDF, including any other projects or examples of your work.