Doubledot Media is looking for a new Lead Developer to play a key role in our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for all aspects of our development, and kept busy managing development work loads, coordinating developers and improving our code quality.
If you thrive on multi-tasking, are extremely well organised and have some experience managing technology and staff - then keep reading.
We’re looking for someone who has strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills, along with a critical eye. While a background in IT Management or Lead Development is preferred if you’re a quick learner with the enthusiasm to quickly grasp technical concepts – we’d still like to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Managing & leading a professional, influential and proactive development team that adds value to the company.
- Developing websites and applications according to briefs and technical specifications provided by project/product manager.
- Making sure all development is fully documented and meets high level design requirements.
- Making sure all development goes through an appropriate testing process and has solid release plans.
- Setting up and managing internal software systems, including code repository, wiki and bug tracking systems and foster their use.
- Conducting code reviews and ensure QA testing is completed and fixing of software flaws.
- Providing detailed input, both planning and task details, into the design of software systems, offering advice, thoughts and providing feedback.
- Getting your hands dirty from time to time. If the work load gets high we expect you to jump in and code.
Preferred skills and abilities
- 1-2 years managerial or lead development experience or project management skills.
- Have a passion for all things IT.
- 4-5 years commercial programming and server experience.
- The ability to communicate with utmost clarity: In writing and in person.
- Ability to coordinate a team, ensuring they have all the information they need. You'll be acting as the go-to person for all things 'development', so it's important that you're good with people!
- Initiative: The ability to see when things could be improved, and start setting these things in motion.
- Resourcefulness: You should be able to research things yourself and find solutions.
- Perspective: The ability to step back and see the bigger picture, and understand how everything is going to come together. We don't want someone who is going to get bogged down on one unimportant task!
We're looking for a person with a good head on his or her shoulders - someone with a broad range of skills and aptitudes who can quickly understand our products and thrives in a challenging environment. If you think you've got what it takes, get in touch!
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Lead/Senior Developer Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format