Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We're looking for a talented individual to join us in writing content for our popular wholesale directory, SaleHoo.com
Our directory contains an educational section covering topics including eBay selling, Amazon selling, what products sell well online, how to market physical products online, importing and shipping and so on.
We're looking for someone with experience with these topics and industry to help us write lessons, scripts and blog posts (and whatever else turns up!).
- You should be experienced in at least several aspects of this industry: For instance, online selling, wholesale sourcing, marketing physical products.
- You must be able to break a task down and get right to the heart of it: No lessons full of fluff, no beating around the bush. Our users want clear-as-day, step-by-step, hype-free lessons.
- You should be a clear thinker: Able to objectively analyse a piece and ask yourself whether it is truly succeeding in what it's trying to do, and not afraid to overhaul something that isn't working.
- You must be good at paying attention to detail and checking facts (things change rapidly in this industry!)
- And obviously, your technical grasp of English must be good and things you write must be readable and make sense. The "making sense" part is the most important. We can handle the odd erroneously-placed apostrophe, so long as the heart and structure of the writing is A-OK!
This is a great opportunity to flex your writing muscles. While a lot of the content can be reasonably technical, the way we write the content has to be friendly, entertaining, personable and accessible to a wide audience.
While qualifications or experience in writing or journalism would be valuable, we're more interested in industry knowledge and your ability to write with clarity. If you think you've got the spark we're after... then we want to hear from you.
Please note: You must be able to provide at least 3-4 published pieces of industry-related content on authority sites that you have created, under your name.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours (we are happy to discuss full-time, part-time, contracting for the role).
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to say...
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Talented Copywriter Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format