Delphi Engineer Position
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a full-time Delphi Engineer position available to work on our Traffic Travis software.
If you have previously created some amazing applications, have a good sense of style and want to work for a cool company then this could be just the position you are looking for.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate solid experience including:
- Excellent knowledge of Embarcadero Delphi XE (latest versions)
- Understanding of object oriented programming (OOP) principles
- Database applications using Tdataset and descendants of Tdataset
- Understanding of SQL and use in applications
- Ability to install third party component sets
- Ability to setup / maintain unit tests with the built-in Dunit
- Understand memory leaks and using built-in / free tools able to provide leak free software.
- Worked with version control software
- Use of InnoSetup or other free software installers
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP APIs (Google, Moz, Majestic, SEMRush).
Other important skills for this role:
- Common sense and the ability to "read between the lines" to understand what customers are concerned about.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you'll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a "self-starter".
This position is full time and working from a remote location is fine.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: Delphi Engineer Position Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format