UX / UI Designer
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a full-time UX / UI Designer position available to work on SaleHoo.com's product suite.
We want to hear from people who can prove a great eye for detail, true passion for design and an up-to-the minute knowledge of the latest and greatest techniques in user experience design and development. You should be someone who relishes having major input into several different projects, delights in producing first-class user experience designs, and continually tries to make each new project better than the last.
You should have knowledge of and strong interest in:
- Translating requests from non-technical staff into elegant and functioning applications
- Typography, white space and other details that occur when creating top notch designs
- Prototyping interfaces and webpage designs (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience designing data/analytical visualisations
- Nice to have: Web development skills (HTML, CSS, JS)
Other important parts of this role are:
- Being well organised and excellent communication skills.
- Conducting user research with potential or existing customers
- Having the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Skilled at planning and implementing design projects.
This is a full-time position although contractor work is also a possibility - let's talk!
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: UX / UI Designer Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format