People, Culture & Communications Officer
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating applications and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a part-time Human Resources / Communications Officer position available to support and grow our most valuable asset - our people.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR generalist who thrives on building strong, supportive relationships and bringing the best out of people so that they’re happy, engaged and effective at work.
The position is 15-20 hours per week to start with and based in our Christchurch office.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter with the energy and motivation to make a positive impact on the performance of our team.
You will understand that the success of our company depends on the success of our people.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a positive attitude that reflects the company’s values
- Communicates effectively to people at all levels
- Takes a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Demonstrates high-level organisational skills
- Takes a people-first approach to performance management
- Is professional, approachable, and collaborative
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing and managing our continuous performance management application used for staff feedback, goals and objectives within their roles
- Taking a proactive approach to staff training and professional development
- Recruiting in-house and remote staff, as well as onboarding/offboarding
- Supporting the CEO and department managers in their HR duties
- Maintaining HR and compliance documents within our internal wiki
To be successful in the position you'll need:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally with a tech company
- Experience with continuous performance management applications (we use 15Five)
- Change management experience, including process and policy implementation
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation to set and meet targets with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
Neat things about working with us:
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Creative, innovative, supportive environment
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
- Check out staff reviews of the company for more details
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: People, Culture & Communications Officer Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format