Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online eCommerce tools for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but over 90% of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a Product Manager position responsible for managing and owning various products we have built.
We want to hear from people who have a great eye for detail, passion for and intelligence with data and an up-to-the minute knowledge of the latest and greatest techniques in user experience design and development in eCommerce. You should be someone who relishes having major input on several different projects, delights in producing first-class user experiences and continually tries to make each new project better than the last.
- Designing product strategy through assessment of users, market trends and competitive opportunities.
- Defining both long-term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results.
- Executing all product lifecycle processes from concept to launch.
- Delivering innovation in features, usability and product performance.
- Being the internal and external advocate for our products.
- Developing comprehensive product feature plans and actions to achieve business goals.
- Monitoring key performance metrics to ensure a high level of product performance.
Other important requirements for this role are:
- Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing. You should be able to build a rapport with customers, other staff and stakeholders.
- Common sense and the ability to "read between the lines" to understand what customers are concerned about.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you'll need to be organised, motivated and (dare we say) a "self-starter".
If you think you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Experience managing eCommerce website or software products from creation through to launch.
- An excellent analytical brain and the ability to spot trends and come up with hypotheses that "normal" people wouldn't see.
- The ability to translate broad product vision into clear and meaningful plans.
- A strong user focus and empathy with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to converse with technical staff.
- The ability to translate requests from non-technical staff into elegant and functioning websites.
- Deep experience with Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Alibaba or similar products.
- Skill with prototyping interfaces and webpage designs (sketching and wireframes).
Neat things about working with us:
Flexibility: Work flexible hours at home, from our Christchurch office, or anywhere in the world. No matter where you are, you’ll get the support you need for an engaging and enjoyable work experience.
Creativity: We promote an open work environment where every team member can share their ideas and be creative. Your input is valued, and your feedback is always appreciated.
Career Development: You’ll be encouraged to level up your skillset at every opportunity. We’ll cover the cost of any training and courses you need to create first-class products for our customers.
Ego-Free Work Culture: No dress code. No unreasonable deadlines. No micromanagement. We’re a diverse team from all over the globe. We hire the best people for the job and help each other improve through constructive feedback and support.
Cutting Edge Projects: You’ll be working directly on ambitious projects that help 100,000+ daily users from every continent get the most out of our products and reach their goals.
Sounds good? Here’s what you need to do to join our Doubledot Media team.
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: Product Manager Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV in PDF format
- Anywhere (Remote)
- Anywhere (Remote)
- Anywhere (Remote)