Supplier Researcher and Directory Admin
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a full-time Supplier Researcher and Directory Administrator position available to work with our SaleHoo customers.
SaleHoo is a directory of wholesale suppliers for eBay/Amazon sellers and ecommerce website owners. The successful applicant will be responsible for expanding our wholesale directory by researching and verifying suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent internet research skills, a track record of producing quality writing, and an ability to summarize information succinctly.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching the internet for quality wholesale suppliers to add to our wholesale directory.
- Carrying out due diligence and safety checks on every supplier that you find.
- Emailing wholesalers to get more information or request documentation.
- Adding suppliers to our directory through our CMS.
- Summarizing key information about the wholesaler for our members, including writing short descriptions of between 50-300 words for each supplier listing.
- Updating and editing existing listings to ensure they contain current information and provide a comprehensive picture of the supplier's service.
- Fulfilling customer requests for suppliers of specific products by creating tailored wholesale lists.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Excellent internet research skills. Knowledge of how to effectively scour the internet to gather hard-to-find data is essential.
- Good English writing skills. As this role involves emailing suppliers and writing up listing descriptions, you must be a confident and articulate writer.
- Meticulous attention to detail. You will be responsible for performing due diligence checks on every supplier added to our directory, so you need to be fastidious about examining their websites thoroughly.
Please let us know in your application if you have any experience selling on eBay or Amazon, as this will give you an advantage.
This position is full time and can be carried out from any location, provided you have a good internet connection.
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: Supplier Researcher and Directory Admin Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format