Video Editor Position
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world. (Living in the future FTW!)
We have a full-time video editing position available for an all-round video pro!
Our new video editor will play a vital role in creating, editing and updating video content for our websites and generally making sure all video content we put online is top notch.
Here's what the job involves...
- Producing educational video content for our websites from screencasts, recorded video and static/animated images
- Rendering and encoding content for a variety of applications including High Definition desktop viewing and web streaming
The successful applicant will...
- Have exceptional skills in audio and video editing
- Moderate to expert skills with tools such as Apple's Final Cut Pro or Adobe's Premiere Pro and capable general computer skills
- Knowledge of video codecs and formats suitable for a variety of applications, including web streaming
- The ability to look at the bigger picture and consider what is best for the company as a whole, rather than simply focusing on the minutiae of the task at hand
- Outstanding organisational skills and willingness to complete their work regardless of the specific task skill level
- Have a sharp eye for detail and excellent communication skills
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: Video Editor Position Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format